As an outsourced IT company, we provide IT management on behalf of a customer.
The operative distinction that sets apart a MSP is the proactive delivery of their services.
Typically, MSPs will have the following distinguishing characteristics:
- Have some form of Network Operation Center (NOC) service
- Have some form of service or help desk service
- Be able to remotely monitor and manage all or a majority of the objects for the customer
- Proactively, compared to reactive, maintain the objects under management for the customer
- Delivery these solutions with some form of predictable billing model, where the customer knows with great accuracy what their regular IT management expense will be