8 Steps to Minimize the Risk of a Cyber Attack
The Ponemon Institute’s 2018 Cost of a Data Breach study states that the cost of the average data breach to a U.S. company is $7.91 million dollars and on average it takes 196 days for a company to identify a breach.
So how can you minimize the risk of a cyber attack within your organization?
Here are 8 steps you can take today:
- Determine who has administrative access within your organization and who should have administrative access. MFA should be used with every administrator account.
- Train employees on how to avoid phishing scams.
- Make sure employees know how to create strong passwords and that they are using different passwords for different accounts. Also, make sure passwords are changed regularly.
- Have employees use multifactor authentication across all accounts.
- Install and update antivirus and anti-spyware software all computers within your organization.
- Use a firewall for your Internet connection. And make sure your Internet connection is secure and hidden.
- Regularly update operating networks and make sure you are using encryption, endpoint security tools, vulnerability assessments, backup and patch management tools.
- Ensure compliance with security standards.
Contact us today and we can help you implement these steps.