Natural disasters can have a disruptive impact on any business, and the severity and length of those impacts can greatly vary. Hurricanes and floods can cause extended power outages, flooded roads, loss of communications, facility damage and more.
To be prepared for a natural disaster such as a hurricane or flood, businesses should:
- Maintain continuous off-site data backup
- Have arrangements in place for answering phones
- Have internal communications policies in place to keep employees updated
- Have a plan in place filing any required reports
- Have the ability to restore IT operations in the cloud or a site that is unaffected by the storm
- Be proactive and keep customers, suppliers and partners informed
- Move any computer equipment and hardware located on ground floors if flooding is expected
- If connected to surge protectors, unplug the surge protectors from the wall outlet
To learn more about how natural disaters can impact your business, how to prepare for them and how Peerless can help, contact us today.